Connect with us

Latest Update

President Buhari To Fly To Ghana Today For ECOWAS Meeting

Published

on

President Muhammadu Buhari will depart Nigeria on Saturday for Accra, Ghana, to attend the 59th Ordinary Session of the ECOWAS Authority of Heads of State and Government.

Buhari will join other ECOWAS Heads of State and Government for the regional bloc’s mid-year statutory summit. But then, Mali wouldn’t be a part of the group as they were suspended lately.

Former Nigerian President Goodluck Jonathan, ECOWAS Special Envoy and Mediator to Mali, is set to submit a report to the summit of the Heads of State on his most recent working visit to the West African country.

The Heads of State and Government will also be presented with a report on ECOWAS institutional reforms, single-currency programs, and a memorandum on the proposed framework for rotating ECOWAS Member States’ candidacy for the African Union Chairmanship.

In recent developments, President Muhammadu Buhari has given the word of assurance that he will strive to work hard to realize the objectives that the administration set out to achieve in 2015.

Buhari received some members of the Muhammadu Buhari and Osinbajo Dynamic Support Group, at the State House when they came for the official presentation of their book titled – A Compendium of 5-Year Achievements of President Muhammadu Buhari’s Administration from 2015 – 2020.

Buhari said: “The MBO Dynamic Support Group Officers and team members saw the good in our Administration from the time we came in 2015. It is this commitment that led to the production of the book, and I sincerely hope and believe that Nigerians will always see and cherish positivity in all that this Administration has done as it continues to work assiduously to accomplish,” 

“The birth of this book from inception to production is due to the unrelenting efforts of the MBO Dynamic Support Group Officers and over two million group of supporters that have continuously stood by our Administration in our quest to deliver on our social contract to all Nigerians and ensure the dividends of democracy to our people.

“I am extremely pleased with the production team and those who travelled across the country monitoring and collating data on our projects to enable us present an evidence based account of our stewardship.”

“Despite the global challenges of COVID-19 that impeded socio-economic activities of the world including our country Nigeria in 2020, you all worked tirelessly with limited resources and by tasking one another to produce this historic book.

“We recognise and appreciate your drive, skills, creative abilities and your personal resources invested in this project and immense devotion to produce the book.

“I thank you once again for your unwavering commitment to this Administration and legacy and look forward to the wide circulation of our achievements perfectly captured in this book to all citizens and those willing to see that we succeed to the end for the benefit of all.”

Source; NaijaOnPoint.com.ng

Latest Update

Man commits suicide after wife walks out of their marriage

Published

on

KENYA – Residents of Umoja estate have been left in shock by a suicide incident involving a man who is said to been left by his wife. The 29-year-old is said to have drunk poison on Tuesday after being deserted.

Police said the man’s wife had quit their marriage after an argument, despite the man’s pleadings. The man, later wrote a text to his estranged wife saying he had “left her the world”.

Meanwhile, a suspected gangster who shot and killed his girlfriend in Nairobi’s Mukuru kwa Njenga slums last week has been gunned down by the police.

The man, who has only been identified as Joel, is said to have shot Monicah Katee at point-blank range following a disagreement on September 14, 2021. Katee, an actress, was found dead in her house in Mukuru kwa Njenga.

Faceless crime buster Hessy wa Dandora said Joel and his friend Kiarie were gunned down during a shootout with detectives near Kware police station on Friday night.

 

(Visited 10 times, 10 visits today)

Subscribe to our Youtube Channel :

Follow Us on Instagram

Continue Reading

Latest Update

Female teacher, 38, at a boarding school is arrested for ‘having sex with underage male student

Published

on

A teacher at an elite $84,000-a-year boarding school in Florida has been arrested and charged with having sex with an underage male student after cops caught wind of the relationship from rumors among students.

Taylor J Anderson, 38, an English teacher at the prestigious IMG Academy, in Bradenton, turned herself in to Manatee County Jail on Monday.

Anderson was also fired and banned from the campus of the preparatory boarding and sports training school.

The allegations emerged in July after school administrators, who had heard rumors of the relationship, confronted the student victim who admitted they had sex.

The school also contacted the student’s family, and reported the incident to the local authorities.

When questioned by detectives the student told them Anderson picked him up from his home and the two went to Culver’s before driving to a Manatee County beach, as reported by the Bradenton Herald.

They first started talking via Instagram at some point in July and continued to converse through Snapchat and Facetime. According to the Herald they had already talked about having sex before agreeing to meet up sometime in early August.

The student supposedly knew that Anderson had previously communicated with other IMG Academy students through the social media site. But the teacher was new to the school, having only been hired in January.

Detectives seized Anderson’s personal cellphone on September 15 and investigators searched her car for evidence. The victim’s family allowed officers to look through his phone for evidence too.

Her phone records revealed calls from her and the victim in August. The boy’s phone had two recordings of Facetime videos – form July 24 and August 24 – where he and the teacher were both seen masturbating.

In one video Anderson was wearing an IMG Academy shirt before exposing her breasts and in the other, the victim watched as Anderson masturbated on her bed.

Detectives also found two photos from the victim’s phone that appear to have been taken from the backseat of Anderson’s car while she was driving, as reported by the Herald.

The student’s name was redacted form the affidavit but it said that he stopped talking to the teacher when it ‘became weird’. The court documents detailed how Anderson wanted the victim ‘to watch and look up videos depicting scenes in which younger…have sexual relations with older females’.

Detectives seized Anderson’s personal cellphone on September 15 and investigators searched her car for evidence. The victim’s family allowed officers to look through his phone for evidence too.

Her phone records revealed calls from her and the victim in August. The boy’s phone had two recordings of Facetime videos – form July 24 and August 24 – where he and the teacher were both seen masturbating.

In one video Anderson was wearing an IMG Academy shirt before exposing her breasts and in the other, the victim watched as Anderson masturbated on her bed.

Detectives also found two photos from the victim’s phone that appear to have been taken from the backseat of Anderson’s car while she was driving, as reported by the Herald.

The student’s name was redacted form the affidavit but it said that he stopped talking to the teacher when it ‘became weird’. The court documents detailed how Anderson wanted the victim ‘to watch and look up videos depicting scenes in which younger…have sexual relations with older females’.

Based off the evidence from the student’s phone, cops were able to get an arrest warrant and charge Anderson with sexual battery by custodial authority, traveling to meet a minor and transmission of harmful material to a minor.

When officers arrived at her home last week with the arrest warrant, Anderson was nowhere to be found. She reportedly even took a trip out of state before turning herself in.

However, the unlawful teacher invoked her right to legal counsel and refused to speak to detectives.

DailyMail

(Visited 12 times, 12 visits today)

Subscribe to our Youtube Channel :

Follow Us on Instagram

Continue Reading

Latest Update

Zambian President Hakainde Hichilema Demands State To Compensate Him Over Fake Imprisonment On Treason Charges

Published

on

Zambian President Hakainde Hichilema and five others have asked the Lusaka High Court to restore the matter in which they sued the state seeking compensation over false imprisonment on charges of treason.

The court had dropped the matter from active cause list on grounds that the parties involved were not willing to have it prosecuted.

But in an affidavit in support of ex-parte summons for an order to restore the matter to active cause list, the applicants through one of their lawyers, Kamuwanga Phiri of Malambo and Company says the applicants are desirous to proceed with the hearing on merits.

They have submitted that failure to get instructions on the matter was due to the plaintiffs busy schedule especially on the part of the first Petitioner who has been busy attending to matters of national duty in his new role as President of Zambia.

(Visited 10 times, 10 visits today)

Subscribe to our Youtube Channel :

Follow Us on Instagram

Continue Reading

Trending