Hushpuppi who is currently in police custody facing trial for allegedly defrauding some persons and international companies after he was arrested in Dubai and extradited to the US has been going on an accomplice naming spree and the Deputy Commissioner of Police, Abba Kyari was allegedly complicit in his dealings.
In a new development, Kemi Olunloyo’s report has triggered Nigerians to finger Toke Makinwa as her source of income has always been questioned
“Leaked FBI files not declassified yet: A female RADIO and TV media personality has been named by Hushpuppi as laundering millions of dollars for him to hide and move around for business. Remember Hushpuppi’s plea deal will allow him to get a lesser sentence of under 20 years if he cooperates well in time for his October 2021 sentencing. The popular OAP should immediately hire a US lawyer. This money laundering issue is very troubling and worrisome”.
Nigerian Newspapers: 10 things you need to know this Sunday morning
Good morning! Here is today’s summary from Nigerian Newspapers:
1. The Department of State Service (DSS) operatives, yesterday, sealed off the Sani Abacha Youth Centre, the proposed venue for a parallel congress of the APC in Kano State. The security agents said they were given an instruction to take over the place and stop any gathering.
2. Governor Aminu Waziri Tambuwal of Sokoto State, on Saturday, affirmed that no one group of people, no matter their religious affiliation or tribe can arrogate the leadership of Nigeria to themselves. Tambuwal made the observation when he received the National President of CAN, Rev, Ayokunle Samson Olasupo at the Council Chamber of Government House, Sokoto.
3. Two persons have been confirmed dead while two others sustained injuries when operatives of the Nigeria Customs Service (NCS) on Saturday clashed with suspected smugglers in Kobape area Abeokuta, Ogun State. The two casualties were said to be the suspected smugglers while two Customs officers were injured during the gunfire.
4. There was tension at the palace of Oba Adedotun Aremu Gbadebo, Alake of Egbaland, on Saturday, when hoodlums stormed the venue of the ongoing state congress of the All Progressives Congress (APC). A faction of the APC in the state used the event centre within the palace in Abeokuta, capital of the state, as venue of its congress.
5. Former governor of Kano State, Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso, was yesterday, grilled by a team of EFCC operatives at the Commission’s headquarters Abuja over allegations of abuse of office, diversion of public funds and fraudulent allocation of government property to cronies. Kwankwaso who is also a chieftain of the Peoples Democratic Party, was first invited by the EFCC in September but failed to honour the invitation.
6. The Lagos State Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, elective congress, has been cancelled. The congress was to be held today, when the tension of the past few weeks peaked. State Congress Electoral Committee Chairman, Engr. Benson Abounu, announced the suspension.
7. Former Vice President, Atiku Abubakar, has expressed confidence that Nigerians would return the Peoples Democratic Party to power in the 2023 presidential election. Atiku, who urged politicians to respect the PDP’s electoral guidelines and the nation’s constitution in election, said democracy could only triumph in a free and fair environment.
8. The Governor of Lagos State, Mr, Babajide Sanwo-Olu, has dismissed parallel congresses of the All Progressives Congress allegedly held by some elements as “mere naming ceremonies.” The Chief Press Secretary to the Governor, Gboyega Akosile, disclosed this in a statement after the congress on Saturday which produced Pastor Cornelius Ojelabi as state chairman of the APC.
9. Igwe Maduabuchi Nevobasi, the Ezeani II of Mmaku Kingdom, Awgu Local Government Area of Enugu State, says President Muhammadu Buhari as a young military officer fought for the unity of Nigeria, and so he would always be accepted in any part of the country, the Southeast particularly. The monarch said this at the Presidential Villa in Abuja while on a courtesy visit to Mr. Femi Adesina, Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity.
10. A herder, Bugi Juli, has been arrested by the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC) for attacking a 16-year old farmer with a machete. The spokesman of NSCDC, Babawale Afolabi, in a statement on Saturday in Ilorin, said the suspect cut Abubakar Sulade’s hand following a confrontation over grazing land in Kaiama Local Government Area of the State.
Ballon d’Or: Explain why he wasn’t nominated – Rudiger slams organizers for snubbing Chelsea player
Chelsea defender, Antonio Rudiger has slammed Ballon d’Or organizers for not including his fellow teammate, Edouard Mendy, in their 30-man shortlist released last week.
Rudiger demanded an explanation for Mendy’s Ballon d’Or snub after his man of the match display against Brentford in Saturday’s Premier League 1-0 win.
Recall that the 30-man shortlist for this year’s Ballon d’Or was announced some few days ago, with five Chelsea players included.
Jorginho, N’Golo Kante, Cesar Azpilicueta, Romelu Lukaku and Mason Mount all made the cut.
Mendy enjoyed a stunning debut season in the English Premier League and capped it off by winning the UEFA Champions League, as Chelsea defeated Manchester City 1-0 in the final.
The Senegal goalkeeper also won the UEFA Super Cup with Thomas Tuchel’s side.
However, Rudiger believes Mendy deserved to be recognized for his impressive performance for Chelsea.
“Someone explain why he’s not nominated for the Ballon d’Or,” Rudiger wrote on Twitter.
“What a performance… EDOUARD MENDY.”
COVID-19 vaccine: Pharmacists take campaign to rural dwellers
A group, the Noble Foundation Pharmacists has urged members of the profession to take the message of the COVID-19 vaccine to rural communities.
This came amidst all manner of claims against the COVID-19 vaccine, a development that has been discouraging several people from taking the vaccine.
In a press statement by the President of the Foundation, Chief Pharm. Chidiebere Ugwu, he said there was an urgent need for an aggressive campaign on COVID-19 vaccination in order to kill off “unfounded claims”.
According to Ugwu, “Nigeria pharmacists need to intensify efforts towards convincing the masses to take the vaccine.
“We all know that as it stands, there is no known cure for COVID-19. All we need to do now is to adhere to the non-pharmaceutical measures and then take the two jabs of the vaccine. This is the only way we can help the society and help ourselves.
“The world has been in chaos since the beginning of the pandemic in 2019. This has crippled the world socially, culturally, politically and economically.
“We also know that COVID-19 imposed lockdown has brought depressions and manner of things to various homes; that is why we all need to collaborate and limit its threat on the globe.”
He noted that “the only way to get back to normalcy was through vaccination. Unfortunately, many people are yet to get this vaccine.
“Pharmacists are then encouraged to seize this opportunity to not only educate the masses about the importance of getting vaccinated but also give the shots themselves.
“The host and the President of the Pharmaceutical Society of Nigeria, PSN, Mazi Sam Ohuabunwa is in total support of this call as he has also on several occasions urged the Pharmacists to get necessary training that will enable them to effectively deliver jabs to the citizenry.”
News2 days ago
Man Arrested For Playing Porn Video On Rivers Billboard
Gossips3 days ago
Loved-up video of Zinoleesky kissing his boss, Naira Marley’s sister [Watch]
News21 hours ago
Lagos-Calabar railway project: FG, CCECC sign $11.12bn MoU
Gossips3 days ago
Lady narrates how Lagos Danfo driver asked her to ‘match brake’ for him so he can go fight
Gossips2 days ago
Stacey Dash Reveals Past Pill Addiction And Admits To “Taking 18-20 Pills A Day” While Celebrating Five Years Of Sobriety
Nation3 days ago
Tiwa Savage: Before you make that sex tape – Seye Olaniyonu
Nation2 days ago
COVID AUSTRALIA: NSW will open up on November 1 for Freedom Day 2
Gossips3 days ago
Tubaba is yet to sue me, he lied to Nigerians – Brymo