Connect with us


Cleo Smith 'abduction': Terence Kelly 'with two women' during arrest after Melbourne Cup TAB visit



49976321 10165023 Investigators bounty hunters and officers from the Australian Fe a 48 1636033018170

 By Olivia Day for Daily Mail Australia

Friday, October 15

Cleo along with her mother Ellie Smith, her partner Jake Gliddon and her little sister Isla Mae arrive at the Blowholes campsite around 6:30pm.

They had a ‘quiet’ night and arrived at sunset.

Saturday, October 16

1:30am: Parents’ last sighting of Cleo in the tent she shared with her parents and baby sister when the four-year-old asks for some water.

6.23am: Ellie calls 000 to report her eldest daughter missing as she continues to search the camp ground.

6.30am: The first two officers are dispatched from Carnarvon police station. They travel to Blowholes as a matter of priority, with sirens and lights.

6.41am: A second police car with another two officers is sent to Blowholes, also with lights and sirens.

7.10am: The first police car arrives. The second is only minutes behind.

7.26am: Police on the scene establish a protected forensic area which is taped off to the public, surrounding the family tent where Cleo was last seen.

7.33am: A drone operator is called upon to search from the skies.

7.44am: A third police car is dispatched to the Blowholes.

8am: Family and friends of Cleo’s parents begin to arrive to help with the ground search.

Another group of detectives briefly searches Cleo’s home to make sure she’s not there.

They then head to Blowholes and begin stopping cars coming into and leaving the area.

8.09am: A helicopter from a local company arrived at the scene and started searching as police request an SES team attend the Blowholes search.

8.24am: Police air-wing and volunteer marine searchers are called in to assist with the search.

8.34am: Roadblocks are set up at the entrance of Blowholes as detectives gather the names, registration details and addresses of people coming and going. Police search cars.

9.25am: Nine SES personel arrive at the Blowholes to assist with the search.

Investigators, bounty hunters and officers from the Australian Federal Police have spent two-and-a-half weeks searching for missing four-year-old Cleo (pictured)

9.30am: Detectives sit down with a distressed Ellie and remain by her side for the rest of the day while other search crews hunt for Cleo.

11am: Homicide detectives from the Major Crime Division are called and begin travelling from Perth to assist with the search.

1pm: More homicide detectives and search experts are flown in from Perth.

3pm: Officers and search experts arrive in Carnarvon to offer their expertise.

Sunday, October 17

Ms Smith takes to social media to plead for help finding her missing daughter.

A Facebook post uploaded at 1:45am on Sunday which said: ‘It’s been over 24 hours since I last seen the sparkle in my little girl’s eyes.

‘Please help me find her!

‘If you hear or see anything at all please call the police!’

Police suggest Cleo may have been abducted.

Monday, October 18

Police release an image of the red and grey sleeping bag missing from Cleo’s tent.

Cleo’s biological father is interviewed by police in Mandurah and is asked to provide a statement, which he does so willingly.

WA Police with the help of SES members, volunteers and aircraft continue the land hunt for Cleo, with officers searching nearby shacks and vehicles in the area.

Tuesday, October 19

Cleo’s mother Ellie Smith and her partner Jake Gliddon front the media for the first time and describe the terrifying moment they realised the little girl was missing.

Ms Smith says her four-year-old would never have left the tent by herself.

Police release new images of Cleo and the pink and blue one-piece she was wearing the night she went missing to aid the investigation.

Investigators urge anyone who was at the campsite or in the vicinity on October 15 to get in contact with police. 

Wednesday, October 20

Police reveal the zip of the family tent, which was found hanging wide open by her mother at 6am on Saturday morning, was too high for Cleo to reach.

Officers say they ‘haven’t ruled out’ reports from campers who heard the sound of screeching tyres in the early hours of Saturday morning.

Deputy Police Commissioner Daryl Gaunt confirms officers are investigating the whereabouts of 20 registered sex offenders in the Carnarvon area.

Thursday, October 21

The WA Government offers a $1million reward for information that leads to Cleo’s location announced by WA Premier Mark McGowan.

‘All Western Australians’ thoughts are with Cleo’s family during what is an unimaginably difficult time,’ Mr McGowan said.

‘We’re all praying for a positive outcome.’

The speed of the reward being issued – within days of her disappearance – was unprecedented.

Pictured: Police are seen examining rubbish left near the Blowholes campsite in remote WA

Pictured: Police are seen examining rubbish left near the Blowholes campsite in remote WA 

Monday, October 25

WA Police confirm Cleo was definitely at the camp site – on CCTV footage on a camera installed inside a beach shack just 20 metres from the family tent she disappeared from. 

Tuesday, October 26

Forensic officers and detectives spent much of the day at her home in Carnarvon, 900km north of Perth, on Tuesday and left with two bags of evidence.

Although investigators had been to the home before, this was the first time they thoroughly searched inside with a forensics team.

Acting WA Police Commissioner Col Blanch said the search of the family home was ‘standard practice’ and did not indicate they were suspects in Cleo’s disappearance.

Wednesday, October 27

WA Police forensics officers return to the Blowholes campground and are seen collecting soil samples from a number of campfires near shacks in the area.

The federal government announce Australian Federal Police officers had been drafted in to support forensic and intelligence efforts.

Friday, October 29

Police return to the Blowholes camp to analyse the area with drones.

Detective Superintendent Rod Wilde returns to the Blowholes campsite to join the search for Cleo as the search hit the two-week mark.

He confirms national and international agencies are engaged in the search for Cleo.

Sunday, October 31

Detectives go door-knocking at a number of homes along the North West Coastal Highway in the North Plantations, 5km from Cleo’s hometown on Sunday.

Monday, November 1

Detectives sort through mounds of rubbish from roadside bins located hundreds of kilometres away from the campsite she vanished from.

The material was transported to Perth, where forensic officers and recruits sorted through hundreds of bags in search of items that may have helped them find Cleo.

Officers issue a plea for dash cam and CCTV footage from within a 1000km radius of where the four-year-old disappeared.

Police renew an appeal for more businesses in Carnarvon to provide footage and go door to door in an industrial area on the outskirts of the town.

Her elated mother, Ellie, (pictured, with Cleo, her partner and younger daughter) broke her silence the morning Cleo was found, sharing a series of love heart emojis on Instagram

Her elated mother, Ellie, (pictured, with Cleo, her partner and younger daughter) broke her silence the morning Cleo was found, sharing a series of love heart emojis on Instagram 

Wednesday, November 3

After two-and-a-half weeks of searching Cleo Smith is found alive and well in the early hours of November 3.

WA Police Deputy Commissioner Col Blanch confirmed just before 7am AEST that little Cleo is alive and well and had been reunited with her relieved parents.

‘One of the officers picked her up into his arms and asked her ‘what’s your name?’ he said. ‘She said: ‘My name is Cleo’.’

Ellie Smith posted to social media: ‘Our family is whole again’.

A Carnarvon man is taken in custody and questioned by detectives.

On October 19, Ellie Smith (pictured) and her partner Jake Gliddon fronted the media for the first time and begged the public to report any information 'big or small'

On October 19, Ellie Smith (pictured) and her partner Jake Gliddon fronted the media for the first time and begged the public to report any information ‘big or small’

Thursday, November 4

Terry Darrell Kelly, 36, was charged with multiple offences including forcibly taking a child under 16 and appeared in Carnarvon Magistrate’s Court barefoot and wearing a black T-shirt.

Monday, November 8

Specialist police return to Carnarvon to ‘ascertain whether there was anyone else involved’


Controversy in Ibadan over students allegedly turned to yam tubers by ritualist




Ibadan, the Oyo State capital is currently witnessing a storm of claims and counter-claims over a report that two students of Bashorun High School were allegedly turned to tubers of yam by a suspected ritualist.

The incident was said to have occurred yesterday, Friday December 3, 2021.

1st News reports that the bizarre incident had trended for hours on social media yesterday. The suspected ritualist (names withheld) had allegedly turned two students of the school to tubers of yam; using two unused diapers for the diabolic act. Further, the suspect was allegedly caught by a local security guard around Bode Wasinmi-Bashorun axis at a location close to the school.

The man was subsequently set ablaze by an irate crowd which gathered at the scene.

Since the rumours broke, there has been palpable fear in the minds of residents and unrest in the community; especially among parents and guardians whose children and wards attend the school.

However, in a swift reaction, the Oyo State Commissioner for Education, Mr. Abiodun Abdulramah, has poured cold water on the rumours, adding that there was no case of students being turned into yam tubers. Abdularamah made the clarification while addressing students, parents and guardians of when he visited the school.


The commissioner had visited the school on Friday afternoon while on a fact-finding mission; following a trending report on social media that the incident happened in the school.

Abdulramah said findings from the school management showed that none of the school students was reported missing. Additionally, the commissioner called for calm. He assured the parents that the security operatives would dig deeper into the incident to unravel details of what really happened.

Meanwhile, the commissioner admonished the general public to remain patient; adding that the safety of every resident in the state was a priority for the Gov. Seyi Makinde-led administration.

In other news, a woman has been arrested for allegedly setting ablaze another woman suspected to be her husband’s lover.

The incident occurred in Ado – Odo/Ota local government area of Ogun State.

The woman, identified as Kehinde, a mother of three children, allegedly poured petrol on the victim, identified as 23-year-old Tosin Olugbade and subsequently set her ablaze after a disagreement. She was subsequently arrested by operatives of the Ogun State Police Command.

Continue Reading


Panic As Explosion Rocks Housing Estate In Borno



An explosion on Saturday morning at 1000 Housing Estate in Maiduguri, Borno State, left residents in fear and confusion. 

According to a report by Daily Trust, the explosion was believed to have been triggered by Boko Haram fighters.

Also, a rocket launcher landed at Gomari Airport, a community about four kilometres from the airport located in the state capital.

Details of the incidents were sketchy at the time of this report.

In a video shared online, residents of the estate were seen discussing the incident in groups.

A large crowd was also seen in one of the houses affected by the explosion.

One of the residents said no life was lost in the incident.


Continue Reading


Farmers cry out as Katsina government blocks dam



IMG 20211123 WA0006 1

Farmers in Ajiwa and other communities using the Ajiwa Dam for irrigation have cried out to the Katsina State government to reopen the canals that feed them water from the dam.

This is even as the state government said it blocked the canals to carry out repairs and expansion of the dam.

But the farmers said the state government did not inform them about the project and has not assisted them with alternative measures to sustain their farms.

PREMIUM TIMES visited Ajiwa Dam on Thursday and saw farmers in the area digging the ground to source water for their plants.

” data-medium-file=”″ data-large-file=”″ loading=”lazy” width=”466″ height=”349″ class=”size-medium wp-image-498981″ class=”lazyload” data-sizes=”auto” data-srcset=” 75w, 100w, 150w, 240w, 320w, 500w, 640w, 800w, 1024w, 1280w, 1600w” data-src=”″ alt=”Usman Hassan” srcset=” 466w, 768w, 750w, 1080w” sizes=”(max-width: 466px) 100vw, 466px” data-recalc-dims=”1″/>

Usman Hassan

Usman Hassan, a farmer from Gangarawa, said the unavailability of water is affecting his plants.

Mr Hassan, who produces lettuce, pepper, onion and garden eggs, said he would soon abandon the farm due to lack of water.

“They have been asking us to return to the farm. We are serious farmers year in year out but what has the government done to support us? Blocking the canals that supply water to us is wickedness because they did not even inform us, we just woke up to see all the water supply stopped,” he lamented.

He faulted the water board management for not releasing the water despite pleas made by the farmers.

All the farmers told Premium TIMES that for 22 days, they had been left to look for alternatives to water their plants.

Lawal Umar

Lawal Umar said he has been engaged in irrigation farming for years but the management of the dam has been making it hard for them.

“This time, I had already planted my tomatoes and pepper and they were growing when suddenly the water stopped coming. We have been complaining to those involved but they kept telling us that we should meet the Commissioner (of Water Resources). Even the dam manager asked us to see the Commissioner because he is the only person that can address our issue,” Mr Umar said.

Usman Sule
Usman Sule

On his part, Usman Sule from Kazama village complained that since the water they get is waste, the water resources ministry should help reopen the canals for them.


“The water we get is waste because they generate from the filter. I don’t know why they should be hoarding the water for us. It is wastewater from the clean water being sent to the Katsina metropolis,” he said.

About 300 farmers benefit from irrigation system farming in the dam area.

During the visit by this reporter, several farmers were seen using generating set to get water while others were busy digging the earth.

READ ALSO: Nigerian govt built nine new dams in four years – Official

The ministry of water resources in the state said the dam is being repaired and its capacity is being boosted.


A statement sent to this reporter by the public relations officer of the ministry, Bashir Kurfi, said the state government signed for the work.

“CCECC Nigeria limited is working for the improvement of Ajiwa dam and spillway. The project will cost N3, 309, 803, 986. The work will be concluded in the next 18 months.”

Mr Kurfi said the ongoing work on the dam site was the reason for the blockade.

Support PREMIUM TIMES’ journalism of integrity and credibility

Good journalism costs a lot of money. Yet only good journalism can ensure the possibility of a good society, an accountable democracy, and a transparent government.

For continued free access to the best investigative journalism in the country we ask you to consider making a modest support to this noble endeavour.

By contributing to PREMIUM TIMES, you are helping to sustain a journalism of relevance and ensuring it remains free and available to all.


TEXT AD: To advertise here . Call Willie +2347088095401…

PT Mag Campaign AD

Continue Reading