Connect with us

Sports

WCQ: Lionel Messi will start qualifier v Brazil – Scaloni

Published

on

Lionel Messi 211107 WarmsUp G 1050 1

Argentina captain Lionel Messi is fit again and will start their World Cup qualifier at home to Brazil on Tuesday, coach Lionel Scaloni told reporters on Monday.

Scaloni made similar comments ahead of Argentina’s last game, a 1-0 win against Uruguay on Friday, although Messi only appeared for the final 14 minutes of the match.

Argentina are second in South America’s 10-team qualifying group, six points behind Brazil, who are the only team from the region to have secured their place at Qatar 2022 so far.

Scaloni repeated that Messi, 34, had recovered fully from the knee and hamstring worries that kept him out of Paris St Germain’s last two games and was ready for one of the biggest matches in the South American calendar.

“He was physically fit the other day and in the end we decided that the best thing was for him to play a few minutes so that he could get a feel for it and he is confirmed to play tomorrow,” Scaloni said of Tuesday’s match in San Juan.

Read Also: WCQ: SAFA to lodge complaint against ref after Ghana loss

“It’s going to be a very difficult game,” said Scaloni. “They are the team that leads the qualifiers and they are already through to the finals.”

The top four teams in South American qualifying progress automatically to next year’s World Cup finals and the fifth-placed side goes into an inter-regional playoff.

Argentina are unbeaten in 26 games, a run that includes a 1-0 win over Brazil in the Copa America final in Rio de Janeiro in July.

Sports

Germany legend Matthaus defends Dortmund midfielder Bellingham

Published

on

Bellingham

Germany World Cup winner Lothar Matthaus has defended Jude Bellingham.

The Borussia Dortmund midfielder has been fined by the German Federation after referencing ref Felix Zwayer’s past match fixing ban following defeat to Bayern Munich last weekend.

Matthaus said: “His words were inappropriate and he would probably never say them again today, but I can understand his frustration and anger after the game ends.

read also:Real Madrid captain Marcelo makes exit call

“Something similar happened to me in Karlsruhe too.

“The adrenaline and the emotions you feel after losing such an important match due to a controversial decision are difficult to control, even if you don’t have to overdo it.”

if (document.getElementById(id)) return; js = document.createElement('script'); js.id = id; js.src = "//connect.facebook.net/en_US/sdk.js#xfbml=1&appId=474481306711139&version=v2.0"; fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs);

window.fbAsyncInit = function () { FB.init({ appId: '474481306711139', xfbml: true, version: 'v2.0' }); FB.Event.subscribe('comment.create', function (comment_data) { console.log(comment_data); update_comments_count(); }); FB.Event.subscribe('comment.remove', function (comment_data) { update_comments_count(); });

function update_comments_count(comment_data, comment_action) { jQuery.ajax({ type: 'GET', dataType: 'json', url: 'https://sportinglife.ng/wp-admin/admin-ajax.php', data: { action: 'clear_better_facebook_comments', post_id: '1000208' }, success: function (data) { // todo sync comments count here! data have the counts }, error: function (i, b) { // todo } } ) }; };

appendFbScript(); }

appendFbScript();

})();

Continue Reading

Sports

Real Madrid captain Marcelo makes exit call

Published

on

Macelo

Real Madrid captain, Marcelo is ready to return home to Brazil in 2022.

Ole says after 13 years with Real, the Brazilian will leave when his contract ends next June and everything indicates that he will not renew and will return to his country, specifically to Fluminense, his formative club.

read also:Everton plan to appoint two new directors

Marcelo has already made the decision, though is willing to see out his current contract, rather than leave in January.

The wing-back has struggled for minutes this season.

 

if (document.getElementById(id)) return; js = document.createElement('script'); js.id = id; js.src = "//connect.facebook.net/en_US/sdk.js#xfbml=1&appId=474481306711139&version=v2.0"; fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs);

window.fbAsyncInit = function () { FB.init({ appId: '474481306711139', xfbml: true, version: 'v2.0' }); FB.Event.subscribe('comment.create', function (comment_data) { console.log(comment_data); update_comments_count(); }); FB.Event.subscribe('comment.remove', function (comment_data) { update_comments_count(); });

function update_comments_count(comment_data, comment_action) { jQuery.ajax({ type: 'GET', dataType: 'json', url: 'https://sportinglife.ng/wp-admin/admin-ajax.php', data: { action: 'clear_better_facebook_comments', post_id: '1000199' }, success: function (data) { // todo sync comments count here! data have the counts }, error: function (i, b) { // todo } } ) }; };

appendFbScript(); }

appendFbScript();

})();

Continue Reading

Sports

Everton plan to appoint two new directors

Published

on

Everton

Everton are ready to welcome two new directors.Everton are ready to welcome two new directors.Everton are ready to welcome two new directors.

Everton are ready to welcome two new directors.

The Liverpool Echo says Everton are planning to find two new board members following the departures of Marcel Brands and Sarvar Ismailov.

And further additions to the Goodison top table have not been ruled out.

read also:Adegbenro named best striker in Sweden

Ismailov’s decision to quit his role last month, and last night’s confirmation of Brands’ exit, have left only three board of directors.

Chairman Bill Kenwright, chief executive officer Denise Barrett-Baxendale and finance chief Grant Ingles are the only board members left.

But the club are fully intending to replace them and the arrival of further fresh faces has been discussed.

 

 

Continue Reading

Trending

NgGossips.com