Connect with us

Latest Update

95 stranded Nigerians from Libya arrive Lagos

Published

on

Nigerians

The National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA) on Wednesday, received 95 Nigerians who were stranded from Libya at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos.

Alhaji Habib Mustapha, the Director General of NEMA who was represented by the Acting Coordinator of the Lagos Territorial Office of NEMA, Mr Ibrahim Farinloye, confirmed this to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Lagos.

Farinloye said that the stranded Nigerians arrived the Murtala Muhammed International Airport Tuesday night at about 20.18 p.m with Al Buraq airline, with number UZ189/16/5A- DMG-MJI AD15:50

He mentioned that the returnees were brought back to Nigeria by the International Organisation for Migration (IOM) through voluntary repatriation programme for the distressed who had left the country to seek greener pastures in various European country but could not afford to return when their journey became frustrated.

Farinloye noted that the returnees are 60 male adults, 29 female adults, three male and one female teenager, with two infants (one male and the other female).

He said that among the returnees were two males who had various degrees of health-related issues

Mustapha advised the returnees to turn a new leaf and assured that the Federal Government and the IOM, along with other international partners, will not disappoint them as Nigerians by providing the enabling environment for them to achieve their potentials.

Latest Update

Ballon d’Or 2021: Messi, Lewandowski – Winner of award revealed

Published

on

Messi Lewandowski

The best player in the world will be unveiled today.

The Ballon d’Or event makes a return following an enforced COVID-19 break last year.

Bayern Munich striker, Robert Lewandowski would have easily walked away with the prize last year after a sensational season.

The Poland international is expected to be on the podium when the winners are announced on Monday.

But we all know who walks away with the prize, don’t we?

Lionel Messi.

The 34-year-old who now plays his football with Paris Saint-Germain is the hot favourite to clinch it. If he is indeed confirmed as winner, the Argentina captain would have won it for a record-extending seventh time.

Who could be the surprise winner?

Lewandowski.

A ‘leaked’ image of the apparent final standings went viral on social media late in October, with Messi in second place.

If this is the case, there might not be much outrage as it will be just a reward for him missing out in 2020.

Lewandowski is having another fine season anyway.

Hold your breath. Cross your fingers. Show time in a bit!

Continue Reading

Latest Update

EPL: He’s not good enough – Roy Keane, Hasselbaink slam Chelsea star after 1-1 with Man Utd

Published

on

Timo Werner

Ex-Chelsea striker, Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink and Man United legend, Roy Keane have said Timo Werner is not good enough to be in the Blues’ team.

They both slammed the German attacker after Chelsea’s frustrating draw with Manchester United at Stamford Bridge.

Jorginho’s mistake gave the Red Devils their first goal from the boots of Jadon Sancho but the Italy international made amends 20 minutes later with an equaliser from the penalty spot.

Despite their dominance, Chelsea lacked a cutting edge with Werner missing two big chances much to the frustration of Hasselbaink and Keane.

When asked to rate Werner’s performance after the 1-1 draw in west London, Hasselbaink told Sky Sports: ‘Poor, poor.’

“With the ball, without the ball, he was poor today. Normally he is really sharp with his runs but it was poor.

“At the end of the day, you’re a No. 9 so you’re going to be judged on the opportunities you get and what you do with it. It wasn’t good enough.

“He needs to score those chances. He keeps missing big chances, big opportunities. He needs to put them away.”

Keane added, “He’s not even hitting the target with some of these chances.

“At least, make the goalkeeper make a save. For a striker, hit the target, make the keeper work.”

Continue Reading

Latest Update

EPL: Michael Carrick reacts to Rangnick helping Man United in 1-1 draw with Chelsea

Published

on

1638076805 skysports michael carrick manchester united 5592314

Manchester United interim boss, Michael Carrick has denied claims that incoming interim boss, Ralf Rangnick had a hand in Manchester United’s team selection for their Premier League clash against Chelsea on Sunday.

Former United captain, Gary Neville had said he was sure Rangnick had a hand in the game against Chelsea.

United picked up a point against Chelsea with Jadon Sancho putting the visitors ahead before Jorginho equalised from the penalty spot.

Neville had suggested that the incoming interim manager made the United team selection rather than Carrick, who is in caretaker charge at the moment.

And Gary Lineker chimed in and was in complete disagreement with Neville, writing: ‘No chance of this being true. Zero.’

And after the match Carrick was asked about the situation and he told Sky Sports, “No.”

Continue Reading

Trending