Connect with us

Gossips

Chris Tucker Explains Why He Never Appeared In Any Other ‘Friday’ Films

Published

on

Chris Tucker scaled

Roommates, back in 1995 Chris Tucker gave an iconic performance as ‘Smokey’ in the classic film ‘Friday’—but that was the last time he appeared in the film franchise. In a recent interview, Chris Tucker explained that he didn’t want to be known for promoting smoking marijuana, which is why he passed on reprising his role in any of the ‘Friday’ sequels.

Chris Tucker finally explained what fans have wanted to know for years—regarding why he never appeared in any of the other ‘Friday’ films in a legendary franchise. Speaking about the situation during a recent interview on Instagram live, he broke down his thought process on declining to continue his role as ‘Smokey.’

Chris Tucker stated:

“Back then, I gotta tell you, once of the reasons why I didn’t do the second one is because of the weed. Because I said, ‘Man, that movie became a phenomenon. I don’t want everybody smokin’ weed.’ I never really told people this because I kinda forgot about it but it was one of the reasons why I didn’t do it. Because I said, ‘I don’t want to represent everyone smokin’ weed.’ I kinda made it more personal than a movie and that’s one of the reasons I said, ‘Nah, I don’t want to keep doing that character.’”

As we reported back in February, Ice Cube publicly called out Warner Bros. for holding up the release of any more ‘Friday’ films, after unsuccessfully trying to get the final film in the franchise made for several years.

He is furious with Warner Bros. because although they own the rights to the ‘Friday’ films and have decided not to make any more, they are refusing to release the rights to him so that he can make the sequels at another studio.

Ice Cube has spoken out multiple times about feeling that the potential ‘Friday’ sequels are being held hostage since he can’t take them anywhere else to be made.

 

Want updates directly in your text inbox? Hit us up at 917-722-8057 or click here to join!

Gossips

Janet Hubert Hospitalized: “Anger Will Eat You Alive”

Published

on

IMG 4139 scaled

Janet Hubert, affectionally known as Aunt Viv from the hit sitcom, ‘Fresh Prince of Bel-Air,’ shared that she was hospitalized. Though she didn’t give a reason, Hubert did go into detail about anger and what it can do to someone.

Posting a picture from the “Fresh Prince of Bel-Air” reunion that happened last year, Hubert expressed that holding on to anger would eat you alive. She also addressed Will Smith and told him that she loved him.

Her caption read, “Don’t waste precious time people in anger. Yes people will do you wrong and you must fight for truth no matter how long, and IF you can get the TRUTH you seek…find love again as we have.”

Hubert continued, “Life is too short as I am in hospital as I write this to all of you. Holding onto anger will eat you alive. But truth at any cost[.]” Hubert ended her message with a note for Will Smith, “Reputation is PRICELESS. I LOVE YOU WILL, for being strong enough to tell truth, and share your hurts and trauma. Now we close the doors and live our lives. PEACE OUT!”

As you know, Smith and Hubert had a feud for decades that was a result of her leaving the show. Hubert accused Will of getting her fired, but Will insisted the real issue was Hubert wanted the show to be built around her character, Aunt Viv.

“She’s mad now, but she’s been mad all along. She said once, ‘I’ve been in the business for ten years and this snotty-nosed punk comes along and gets a show.’ No matter what, to her, I’m just the Antichrist,” Will stated back in 1993.

The two ended their feud in 2020 when the reunion happened. While speaking with one another, Hubert asked, “I just wanted to know one thing–why did you guys go so far? I lost so much…You have no idea.”

Will admitted to being insensitive and understood how he “made the set very difficult.”

Roomies, let’s wish her a speedy recovery.

 

Continue Reading

Gossips

Master P Wants Judge To Declare Him As Single After Being Separated For More Than 10 Years

Published

on

IMG 4119 scaled

According to TMZ, Master P is ready to move on with his life after being separated for more than 10 years.

In documents obtained by TMZ, Master P is asking for his single status to be reinstated. After his estranged wife Sonya Miller filed for divorce in 2013, and the two settled financial issues in 2016, the paperwork for their divorce was never submitted.

As a result, the mogul wants “bifurcation of his divorce,” and intends to handle the actual divorce at a later time.

If you recall, the two actually separated in 2010. In 2016, the music mogul attempted to get $10,473 in child support and $16,574 in spousal support reduced.

He reportedly had their children–Hercy, Itali and Mercy–to write letters to the judge explaining why they are better off living with their father opposed to living with their mother.

In her letter to the judge, their 17-year-old daughter Itali said, “Although I love being with my mom I was unable to keep my grades up. Unfortunately, my mom was dealing with addiction issues that affected my older sister, who hasn’t even had the opportunity to graduate high school.”

Roomies, what do y’all think of this?

Continue Reading

Gossips

CNN Has Terminated Chris Cuomo Effective Immediately

Published

on

8165A808 CF5C 4C28 AB2B 39C5EC773DE5

That was quick! Roommates, as we previously reported, Chris Cuomo was suspended indefinitely on Dec. 1st from his position at CNN after details emerged about how he helped his brother Andrew Cuomo amid his sexual harassment scandal. However, the network has moved swiftly and officially terminated him.

In a statement, CNN said, “Chris Cuomo was suspended earlier this week pending further evaluation of new information that came to light about his involvement with his brother’s defense. We retained a respected law firm to conduct the review and have terminated him, effective immediately.” The statement continued, “While in the process of that review, additional information has come to light. Despite the termination, we will investigate as appropriate.”

Chris also broke his silence and released a statement of his own. Chris tweeted, “This is not how I want my time at CNN to end, but I have already told you why and how I helped my brother. So let me now say, as disappointing as this is, I could not be more proud of the team at Cuomo Prime Time and the work we did as CNN’s #1 show in the most competitive time slot. I owe them all and will miss that group of special people who did really important work.”

Although Chris has played down his involvement with the Governor’s office, massive details became available Monday through a huge document dump. Documents released by New York Attorney General Letitia James showed that while Chris worked as one of CNN’s top anchors, he worked unpaid to aide the Governor. A CNN spokesperson declined to share any further detail about the information provided in this report. Roommates, we’ll continue to keep ya’ll updated if more details surface!

Want updates directly in your text inbox? Hit us up at 917-722-8057 or https://my.community.com/theshaderoom

fbq('init', '1743561565887263'); fbq('track', 'PageView');

Continue Reading

Trending

NgGossips.com