Connect with us

Nation

Alec Baldwin Hits Back at Trump and George Clooney in Explosive Interview

Published

on

The Paradise Breaking News

Six weeks later, Alec Baldwin claims he still has no idea how he ended up shooting and killing cinematographer Halyna Hutchins on the set of his ill-fated western Rust.

The actor spoke out for the first time this week—outside of a heated run-in with paparazzi in Vermont—in an exclusive primetime special with ABC News’ George Stephanopoulos that aired Thursday night. And in the tearful interview, he denied actually pulling the trigger in the deadly shooting and at the same time described the incident as the “worst thing” that has ever happened to him. He said he is taking solace in the fact that he believes he was not “responsible” for Hutchins’ death and that he might have killed himself had he really felt her death was his fault.

Baldwin said he was doing the interview to clear up “misconceptions” around the shooting and that he really felt like he couldn’t “wait” until all of the official law enforcement reports are released months from now. His biggest concern, he said, is that he doesn’t want to “come across like I’m the victim, because we have two victims here,” referring to Hutchins and director Joel Souza, who was injured by the same bullet.

Talking about Hutchins and her work, the actor was quick to break down in tears, something he did repeatedly throughout the hour-long special. He similarly sobbed when he talked about how he “used to love making movies” and Rust made him “love making movies again” before the tragic accident occurred.

Despite complaints from crew members about the safety conditions on set, Baldwin, who also served as a producer on Rust, told Stephanopoulos that he never heard “one word” about those concerns before the shooting. Getting into the nitty-gritty of what happened on the day in question, Baldwin revealed, devastatingly, “This was a completely incidental shot, an angle that may not have ended up in the film at all.”

He explained that the gun went off when he cocked the hammer and then let go—hence the assertion that he never actually pulled the trigger. “I would never point a gun at anyone and pull a trigger at them,” he said. “Never, ever. That was the training I had.”

Now, he says he “can’t imagine” ever doing a movie again that even has a gun in it. “I really can’t,” Baldwin added.

Earlier in the day on Thursday, the film’s assistant director Dave Halls backed up Baldwin’s claim via his attorney. “The entire time Baldwin had his finger outside the trigger guard, parallel to the barrel, and that he told me since day one he thought it was a misfire,” lawyer Lisa Toracco told Good Morning America. “And until Alec said that it was just really hard to believe. But Dave has told me since the first day I met him that Alec did not pull that trigger.”

“The gun was supposed to be empty,” Baldwin added. “I was told I was handed an empty gun.” When Hutchins collapsed, he said he first thought maybe she had fainted or had a heart attack, because “the idea that someone put a live bullet in the gun” was unthinkable.

The gun was supposed to be empty. I was told I was handed an empty gun.

Baldwin also addressed the “torrent of criticism” that came his way once the story went public. In response to those who have said actors are never supposed to point a gun directly at anyone on a set, he said, “Unless the person is the cinematographer who is directing me where to point the gun for her camera angle.”

The actor also hit back at George Clooney, who recently told podcaster Marc Maron that it would be “insane” for an actor not to check a prop gun to make sure that it doesn’t contain live rounds.

“Well, there were a lot of people who felt it necessary to contribute some comment to the situation, which really didn’t help the situation at all,” Baldwin said, pointedly. “If your protocol is you’re checking the gun every time, well, good for you. Good for you.”

Despite not wanting to play the victim, Baldwin did complain about how “tough” it has been to have people calling him a “murderer” on social media and elsewhere. That includes former President Donald Trump, who Baldwin famously enraged with his long-running Saturday Night Live impression.

“In my opinion, he had something to do with it,” Trump said of Baldwin, even suggesting that “maybe he loaded” the gun himself.

“He said that I did it deliberately,” Baldwin replied in disbelief. “Just when you think things can’t get any more surreal, here’s the president of the United States making a comment on this tragic situation.”

As for what happens next, Baldwin says he’s been told by people “in the know” that it’s “highly unlikely” he will face any criminal charges related to the shooting. And while he has some “ideas” about how a live round got onto the set in the first place, he said he would be leaving those questions to the investigators.

Now, Baldwin said that he is focusing on his family and doesn’t “give a fuck” about his career anymore. Asked if that career is over, he replied, “It could be.”

GET IT NOW

Nation

COVID-19 impact: Enugu govt partners AUDA-NEPAD on farmers’t

Published

on

06261ce6 allpapers

The administration of Governor Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi of Enugu State has taken measures in furtherance of its efforts to cushion the devastating impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on the people and the economy of the state.

Enugu State office of the African Union Development Agency-New Partnership for African Development (AUDA-NEPAD), yesterday, held an interactive meeting with stakeholders in the state on the agency’s agricultural project aimed at empowering small holder farmers and boosting food production to cushion the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic.

Addressing the stakeholders, Enugu State Commissioner for Special Duties and State Coordinator/Focal Person in charge of AUDA/NEPAD, Enugu Office, Mrs. Mabel Agbo, disclosed that AUDA-NEPAD Continental Office in collaboration with some international agencies took bold measures to cushion the impact of COVID-19 on the citizens by initiating the project, entitled “Innovative Strengthening of Small holder Farmers Capabilities Towards Productive Land Restoration Amid COVID-19 in Nigeria”.

Mrs. Agbo said “this project as the title connotes is aimed at empowering small holder farmers in our different communities in all agriculture value chains and segments (crops and livestock) to boost their capacity for food production, especially in the aftermath of the devastating impact of COVID-19 on our economy.

“To reduce the negative impact of this pandemic, we must step up efforts to enhance the capacity of our farmers to provide food for the wellbeing of our citizens.”

100% Natural Herbs to Finally End Premature Ejaculation, Weak Erection and Small Manhood. Click Here Now .

She said both the African Union (AU) and Governor Ugwuanyi had ensured that the funding for the project was available.

She urged traditional rulers of autonomous communities in Enugu State and the presidents-general of town unions to ensure that lands were made available for use by the potential farmers.

Also speaking, the representative of the State Commissioner for Agriculture, Mr. Afam Ngene, described the project as laudable, commending the AUDA-NEPAD for the initiative.

The commissioner equally lauded Gov. Ugwuanyi for ensuring that the programme reaches all the nooks and crannies of Enugu State, for full actualization of the objectives in the interest of the farmers in particular and the state in general.

GET IT NOW

Continue Reading

Nation

Real reason Tinubu travelled to UK – Aide

Published

on

06261ce6 allpapers

The real reason an APC Presidential aspirant, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu travelled to London, United Kingdom has emerged contrary to views outside.

Social media have been awashed with reports of Tinubu’s travel to London, with some saying he has gone to rest and others saying he visited his family.

Some people are even thinking that Tinubu might be sick afterall and has gone for medical treatment abroad.

But his spokesman, Tunde Rahman has doused the tension, saying the Asiwaju travelled abroad for consultations over his presidential interest.

Rahman tweeted: “HE Asíwájú Tinubu is engaged in meetings and consultations over his presidential interest.

“Some of these consultations are holding abroad. So if in The UK at present, this is why!”

He said the former governor of Lagos is expected back into the country next week.

Previous articleIllegal refinery: Operators ruining our health, national economy – Wike

GET IT NOW

Continue Reading

Nation

Waymo sues California DMV to keep driverless crash data under wraps

Published

on

Waymo sues California DMV to keep driverless crash data under wraps

 

 

Waymo filed a lawsuit against the California Department of Motor Vehicles to keep driverless car crash data from being made public.

 

The autonomous vehicle operator, which is owned by Google’s parent company Alphabet; claims that such data should be considered a trade secret.

 

The news of the lawsuit was first reported by Business Insider and also later by the Los Angles Times.

 

California’s DMV oversees the largest autonomous vehicle testing program in the country; with over 60 companies permitted to operate test vehicles on public roads.

 

Only a handful are approved to operate fully autonomous vehicles without safety drivers at the wheel, and even fewer have also been approved to deploy vehicles for commercial purposes.

 

Waymo is seeking to keep private information about how it handles certain autonomous vehicle emergencies; how it responds when its vehicles attempt to drive somewhere they are not intended to go, and how they handle steep hills or tight curves.

 

Waymo is currently testing some of its vehicles in downtown San Francisco; where it is permitted to operate fully driverless cars without safety drivers.

ALSO READ: Waymo CEO steps down as tech executives take over

 

The lawsuit, which was filed in Sacramento County Superior Court last week; argues that releasing this information to the public would put Waymo at a competitive disadvantage.

 

Making public the process by which Waymo analyzes crashes “could provide strategic insight to Waymo’s competitors and third parties regarding Waymo’s assessment of those collisions from a variety of different perspectives; including potential technological remediation,” the company argues.

 

Moreover, it could have a “chilling effect” on the entire autonomous vehicle industry. “Potential market participants interested in deploying autonomous vehicles in California; will be dissuaded from investing valuable time and resources developing this technology; if there is a demonstrated track record of their trade secrets being released,” Waymo claims.

GET IT NOW

Continue Reading

Trending

NgGossips.com