Connect with us

Nation

Trump-Backed David Perdue Faces Scathing Attack From Georgia Gov. Kemp Ahead of Primary Bid

Published

on

brian kemp slams david perdue

Georgia Governor Brian Kemp issued a scathing attack against former Senator David Perdue on Sunday amid reports that the Donald Trump-backed Republican will challenge him in the state’s 2022 gubernatorial race.

Perdue is planning to announce a bid in the Republican primary against Kemp on Monday, sources familiar with the matter told Politico. The former Georgia senator was reportedly recruited by Trump in an effort to unseat Kemp as payback for his refusal to help overturn the state’s 2020 election results.

In response to the announcement, Kemp’s Communications Director Cody Hall issued an attack against Perdue, stating that his “only reason for running is to soothe his own bruised ego.”

“The man who lost Republicans the United States Senate and brought the last year of skyrocketing inflation, open borders, runaway government spending, and woke cancel culture upon the American people now wants to lose the Georgia governor’s office to the national face of the radical left movement. It may be difficult for David Perdue to see this over the gates of his coastal estate, but Joe Biden’s dangerous agenda is hitting hardworking Georgians in the wallet and endangering their livelihoods—and we have David Perdue to thank for it,” according to the statement, which was confirmed by Newsweek.

“Governor Kemp has a proven track record of fighting the radical left to put hardworking Georgians first, while Perdue is best known for ducking debates, padding his stock portfolio during a pandemic, and losing winnable races,” the statement said.

Georgia Governor Brian Kemp slammed David Perdue on Sunday amid reports that the former senator is planning to challenge him for governor. Here, Kemp speaks during a ribbon-cutting ceremony on November 12, 2021, in Garden City, Georgia.
Sean Rayford/Getty Images

Last week, Kemp told reporters in Georgia that Perdue previously said he wasn’t planning to challenge him, saying that, “I hope he’ll be a man of his word, but again that’s not anything I can control,” Politico reported.

Perdue lost a bid for re-election to Democrat Jon Ossoff earlier this year during a high-stakes runoff race. Following that loss, Perdue was recruited by Trump to challenge Kemp and is reportedly in talks to receive official fundraising and endorsement support from the former president, according to Politico.

“Trump’s endorsement matters to Republican voters and he’s going to be helpful because this race is important to him,” one Perdue adviser told the news outlet.

Trump has repeatedly targeted Kemp in the aftermath of the November 2020 election, after Kemp refused to embrace the former president’s false claims that the race was stolen due to voter fraud.

At the end of December, Trump openly called for Kemp’s resignation on social media, describing the governor as an “obstructionist” for his failure to uphold his unsubstantiated claims. Around the same time, Trump gave his first indication that he would support Kemp’s primary challenger during the state’s gubernatorial election in 2022.

Perdue’s gubernatorial bid will come just days after voting rights activist Stacey Abrams announced that she would run for the Democratic Party’s nomination for governor on Wednesday. Abrams previously ran against Kemp and lost in a narrow race in 2018.

Perdue has reportedly told allies that he decided to run because he’s worried about Abrams’ prospect for victory against Kemp, The New York Times reported. Recent polling has suggested that the 2022 race will be a tough match, with 44 percent of Georgia voters stating they would elect Abrams.

Newsweek reached out to Perdue’s office for comment.

GET IT NOW

Nation

PDP hails Wike’s effort recovering Rivers aircraft in Germany

Published

on

06261ce6 allpapers

From TONY JOHN, Port Harcourt

People’s Democratic Party (PDP) Rivers State chapter, has thanked Nyesom Wike on his effort in the recovery of the state-owned Legacy 600 Aircraft flown to Germany and abandoned since 2012, by the government of  Chibuike Amaechi, the current Minister of Transportation.

The party, in a statement signed by the Publicity Secretary, Tambari Gbara, and made available to newsmen in Port Harcourt, yesterday,  said the action of the former administration to abandon the aircraft in Germany, was suspicious.

He said: “PDP sees this move as part of the Wike-led  government’s efforts to ensure that no asset owned by Rivers people  is allowed to waste or remain outside the confines of the state, so long as the Government is aware of where such asset is domiciled.

“The mere fact that the aircraft was taken to Germany and abandoned, without any official document indicating that the jet was outside the country, speaks volume of their intention to clandestinely dispose of the aircraft afterwards, as was done to other state assets,  including the gas turbine plant, Hotel Olympia, Syring Factory and the Justice Karibi Whyte Hospital among others, just to satisfy their irrepressible appetite for looting.

“PDP notes that the governor in achieving such feet, has demonstrated his commitment in keeping to his oath of office which is to protect the lives and properties of Rivers People, by travelling all the way to Germany to kick start the process of  securing and recovering Legacy 600 Aircraft property of Rivers State Government.”

The party commended the governor’s “courage, boldness and steadfastness in defending the interest of the State at all time.

It  frowned  at statements credited to some individuals, that the aircraft was being retrieved because  the governor wants to use it for the 2023 elections.

The ruling party  wondered the rational behind such insinuations, describing such comments as  part of a grand plan to downgrade the  noble achievement of Governor Wike, who through credible intelligence,  traced the location of the aircraft for the good people of the state.

“The reason there was no proper official hand over note, by the Rotimi Amaechi’s administration, which is a basic prerequisite in every transition process is becoming clearer by the day. Rivers people already know who their enemies are and would not allow them to be deceived again.

“We encourage Governor Nyesom Wike not to be distracted by the antics of nay sayers whose stock in trade is to hookwink gullible people with petty  lies.”

GET IT NOW

Continue Reading

Nation

Niger Insecurity; War Against Gunmen Yielding Result In Niger As Scores Kill, Many Arrested In One Week

Published

on

06261ce6 allpapers

From John Adams Minna

The total war against gunmen in Niger state declared by the state Governor, Alhaji Abubakar Sani Bello two weeks ago is beginning to yield positive result as Joint Security Taskforce has neutralized well over 70 gunmen in the last one week.
The Joint Security TaskForce which also comprises of special hunters in the state have equally intercepted over 500 animals, made up of about 274 cattle and 300 sheep.
The Joint Security TaskForce has intensified it operation in the forest at Galadiman- Kogo, Kusasu, Alawa and Erena communities in Shiroro local government and Kutchi, Zagzaga, Guni and Katarma in Munya local government area of the state.
The Commissioner of Local Government, Chieftaincy Affairs and Internal Security, Emmanuel Umar confirmed the ongoing operation when he spoke to newsmen in Minna on Thursday, saying that a number of the gunmen have met their Waterloo in the hands of the Joint Security TaskForce.
He pointed out that the recovery consisted of over 300 cows and over 200 sheep, adding many more are still being recovered as the gunmen are on the run.
All the animals, which were rustle by the gunmen, he said are being kept under the care of the Ministry of Livestock in the state, waiting for the owners to come forward to claim their animals
He disclosed that a number of the gunmen were heavily neutralized, some members of the Joint Security TaskForce were killed during the encounter with the gunmen.
while appreciating their sacrifice of the security men to the state and the country in general, the Commissioner assured that the government will take care of the families of the slain officers.
Mr Umar said the onslaught against the gunmen in the state will be a continuous exercise until the state is rid of all rustlers, kidnapping and other criminal elements.
A number of the gunmen were arrested during the gun battle, the commissioner however did not disclose the number of arrest made so far.
Recalled that after the massacre of over 30 villagers and burning of their houses by gunmen two weeks ago, the governor ordered a full scale war against them, describing their action as inhuman.

100% Natural Herbs to Finally End Premature Ejaculation, Weak Erection and Small Manhood. Click Here Now .

GET IT NOW

Continue Reading

Nation

Insecurity in schools: NSCDC sensitizes key actors in education

Published

on

089d3860 1054395 img20220126120039 1 1000x585 1

From Rose Ejembi, Makurdi

To forestall the increasing spate of insecurity in schools across the country, the Benue State Command of the Nigerian Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC) has stressed the need for all security guards in all schools in the state to be duly registered and trained by linsenced private guards.

State Commandant of NSCDC, Dr. Philip Okoh stated this during a stakeholders’ meeting with key actors in the educational sector held at the state Command of the Corps recently.

Okoh while addressing stakeholders who were drawn from the educational sector in the state, noted that the training became necessary following reports of kidnapping and other vices linked to security guards in schools around the country and the need to prevent such occurrence in Benue.

“We have called this meeting to rub minds and see how our schools can be better protected. All who are engaged in moulding lives through education have been awakened to the trends of insecurity in schools. Since men of the underworld have carried their nefarious acts into schools we have also thinkered a way to combat them to a stand still.”

He disclosed that the meeting was in line with the directive of the Commandant General of the Corps to ensure that those who are saddled with the responibility of manning the gates in schools know their job and carry out same according to laid down guidelines.

“To provide effective security in our schools, everyone who will guard a school whether primary or secondary should be a personnel from a linsenced private guard company. NSCDC is the only security agency permitted by law to grant linsence to private guards.

“Private guard companies will never engage anybody whose bio-data have not been taken. We discovered that many who have been kidnapped or abducted or even killed are linked to those security guards whose identities are not known and it becomes difficult to trace them,” the Commandant said.

On his part, Commissioner of Education in the state, Sarwuan Tarnongo who was represented by Director, Quality Assurance, in the Ministry, Mrs. Dorcas Igbahena commended the NSCDC for the meeting which he noted had reawakened the need to sensitize all schools on the issue of insecurity which has sadly continued to plague the country.

100% Natural Herbs to Finally End Premature Ejaculation, Weak Erection and Small Manhood. Click Here Now .

“You have educated us and I am assuring you that the ministry would do a step down training about the message so that it goes down to all the 23 LGAs in the state.

“When we look at what is happening to our children who have been kidnapped, sometimes by people they know, it’s very sad. One can only imagine what such child is going through and the truth is that even a security guard can be used, hence the need to know who we employ as guards to man our schools.”

Others who spoke including the Vice Chairman of All Nigerian Confederation of Principals of Secondary Schools, Apir Roberts, and Chairman, Association of Licensed Private Security Practitioners of Nigeria, Ugena Kelvin stated that the meeting was timely and urged school owners to desist from employing security guards without clearance letter or verifiable address.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

GET IT NOW

Continue Reading

Trending

NgGossips.com