Tottenham Hotspur forward, Son Heung Min, has been ruled out until the end of the month with an injury, increasing the woes at While Hart Lane.
The South Korean, the club’s top goalscorer in the English Premier League (EPL) this season, picked up a muscle problem in Wednesday’s League Cup semi-final first-leg defeat at Chelsea.
He had a scan on Thursday.
Manager Antonio Conte does not expect him to be fit before the international break at the end of the month, which rules him out of crucial games.
After Spurs take on Morecambe in the FA Cup on Sunday, they play Chelsea in the League Cup semi-final second leg.
They then host Arsenal in the Premier League and close this cycle of games with back-to-back league trips to Leicester City and Chelsea.
Conte said: “It was a strange situation. Because, against Chelsea, I made two substitutions together. With Lucas Moura and then Son.
“But they were not for injury, the substitutions, but only to try to give them a bit of rest, 15 minutes of rest.
“Then the day after, he felt a bit of pain in his muscle, in his leg. He had a scan and now we have to make the right evaluation from the doctors.
“He has an injury. I don’t know, but probably he will stay without training sessions until the end of this cycle, for the international break.”
Son has been Tottenham’s leading player this season, and his absence will be a big blow for Spurs.
CBN begs cement, steel manufacturers to reduce products’ prices
The governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), Godwin Emefiele, has urged manufacturers in the construction industry to bring down prices of building materials in the interest of the Nigerian masses.
Mr Emefiele made the appeal in a statement on Thursday in Sokoto, at the inauguration of a three million metric ton cement plant by the BUA Group.
The CBN governor urged cement manufacturers to pay more attention to satisfying domestic demand.
“Permit me to seize this opportunity to appeal to our manufacturers in the construction sector to take urgent action in bringing down the prices of building materials in Nigeria,” said Mr Emefiele. “Indeed, there have recently been calls by construction companies, urging cement and steel manufacturers to do something about the skyrocketing prices of these two essential items in the construction sector.”
According to him, the sector is one of the major sectors in the economy helping to create employment and boosting growth in our country.
“We are aware that some of our cement manufacturers are producing for both the domestic and export market, but we urge them to pay more attention to satisfying the domestic needs so as to bring down prices,” said the CBN boss.
Mr Emefiele assured the manufacturers of the apex bank’s determination to always provide the needed support to improve their capacity.
He added that the CBN had not provided foreign exchange to anyone for the importation of cement in the last seven years.
“The CBN wishes to reiterate its determination to provide needed support for importation of spares, plants and equipment needed to increase production capacities of our cement plants in the country,” explained Mr Emefiele. “The decision to restrict access to foreign exchange for imports of 43 items that can be produced in Nigeria, helped to boost the production capacity of cement in the country from 30 million metric tons in 2014 to 60 million MT in 2021.”
Consequent upon the investment by local businessmen into the cement manufacturing sector, Nigeria had been able to conserve billions of millions of dollars, disclosed Mr Emefiele.
“No dollar from our external reserves has been spent on import of cement into the country in the last six years,” he stated.
The CBN governor further mentioned that the investments had created several thousands of jobs across multiple sectors of the economy.
“I am particularly delighted to see that the painstaking efforts and ingenuity of Nigeria’s private sector is yielding bountiful fruits in broad daylight. These efforts, such as the one being displayed here today by the BUA Group, are critical complementary ingredients to reducing unemployment and boosting production activities in our country,” Mr Emefiele further stated.
Chris Brown sued for drugging, raping woman
American singer Chris Brown is facing a $20 million lawsuit after a woman accused him of drugging and raping her in Florida.
According to TMZ, the woman, Jane Doe, claimed Chris Brown invited her over to Diddy’s home on Miami’s island.
She is suing Chris Brown for “damages, alleged rape and severe emotional distress.”
Ms Doe alleged that the ‘Loyal’ crooner handed her a drink upon her arrival and a refill afterwards which subsequently left her in a “disoriented and physically unstable” state and started “to fall in and out of sleep.”
According to her, the singer led her to a bedroom, undressed and intimately engaged her as she helplessly mumbled and begged him to stop but he refused.
She also accused the singer of ejaculating inside her and demanded she took an after sex pill the next day which she did.
In 2009, Chris Brown physically assaulted his then-girlfriend Rihanna and was sentenced to five years’ probation, one year of counselling and six months of community service.
2023 Presidency: Electing Tinubu as president for Nigeria’s good, says Sanwo-Olu
Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu says All Progressives national leader Bola Tinubu, is the most qualified Nigerian to be president in 2023.
The governor said Mr Tinubu’s qualification rested on his demonstrated capacity in deploying a mix of genius and statecraft to nurture a city on the brink of a flourishing economy.
”Tinubu’s practicable ideas in governance makes him the most qualified successor and saleable choice for the job. Our country is the most populous black nation in the world and the responsibility that comes with that is enormous. No doubt that the destiny of the entire black race is tied to the greatness of Nigeria,” stated Mr Sanwo-Olu during the formal inauguration of the Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu (ABAT) movement’s working committee in Ikeja.
“If our country must be great, we have the responsibility to choose the leadership that will bring about true transformation across every facet of our national life,” the Lagos governor added. “Who is that rallying figure that should lead us in this journey? The answer is deeply connected to our mission and purpose here today. That person must be a detribalised Nigerian and a bridge-builder, who has been tested and trusted.”
He further stressed that the person must be a thinker, who must sustain the legacy “our current president is leaving behind.”
“That person is the reason we are inaugurating this movement for the actualisation of his presidential ambition,” explained Mr Sanwo-Olu. “That person is our great leader, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu.”
The ABAT movement was conceived and set up by members of the Governor’s Advisory Council (GAC) in Lagos to actualise Mr Tinubu’s presidential ambition.
The Lagos governor stated that the indisputable capability of Tinubu to effectively manage human and material resources for visible progress stood him out as the most qualified Nigerian to be president in 2023.
He added that the progress in Lagos remained a visible experiment initiated by the APC leader. Mr Sanwo-Olu said Nigeria had continued to shoulder the burden of the black race, and the country’s transformation into a stable economy would be a source of pride to the black man.
According to Mr Sanwo-Olu, in 2023, the country needs a capable leader with progressive ideas to succeed President Muhammadu Buhari and build on the progress recorded by the current administration.
Mr Sanwo-Olu also noted that Mr Tinubu’s name was synonymous with growth and development and possessed a Midas touch to positively turn around the resources of the country for the general good.
He said the event was to raise foot soldiers, team leaders and cheerleaders, who would pursue the movement’s objectives and cascade down its messages to every voter at the ward level, with commitment and passion.
The governor charged all selected for leadership roles in the movement to reflect Tinubu’s political ideals of openness and tolerance in their engagement and mobilisation.
APC stalwart James Odumbaku said the forthcoming general elections presented another opportunity for Nigerians to make the right choice, to keep the country on the path of development.
GAC leader Tajudeen Olusi described Mr Tinubu as “a genius” in statecraft, adding that the APC leader was a saleable article in the political market.
”We have to be prepared and determined because the contest would be a battle of might and strength,” Mr Olusi said.
News1 day ago
US resumes drop box application in Nigeria
National23 hours ago
Vaccine certificate fraudsters syndicate busted
News1 day ago
Nude Photos, Videos of Popular Female Referee Leaked In Revenge Porn
Latest Update3 days ago
Crisis looms at PRODA as agency DG, board, ministry clash
Relationship2 days ago
What You Should Know About Dating A Bisexual Guy
Nation1 day ago
Hushpuppi to be sentenced on Valentine’s Day
Music2 days ago
MP3: 2 Chainz Ft. Moneybagg Yo & Beatking – Pop Music
Relationship2 days ago
Subtle Differences Between Healthy And Unhealthy Relationships