Connect with us

Nation

Kano police nab man who kidnapped, murdered 13-year-old hawker

Published

on

9e6f9ee8 1682805 police

The Kano Police on Tuesday, arrested one Auwal Abdulrasheed a.k.a (Laug)e, a resident of Tofa in Tofa Local Government Area of the state, over the alleged kidnap and murder of a 13-year-old girl, identified as Zuwaira.

According to the Kano Police Command, the offence was committed in 2021, noting that at the end of discreet investigations, the suspected kidnap and murder suspect was arrested, on January 9, 2022.

The police alleged that the suspect was a neighbour and close associate to the family of the deceased.

Spokesman of the Command, DSP Abdullahi Haruna Kiyawa, told newsmen that, on July 21, 2021, the case of the murder of a 13-year old girl was reported to the police.

Also, he disclosed that one ASP Shehu Dahiru was saddled with the task of unravelling the mystery surrounding the disappearance of the girl, who was a hawker.

In his confessional statement, the suspect said, “I lured the victim into an uncompleted building, pretending to buy what she was hawking.

“She followed me into the uncompleted building, I grabbed her hijab and tied her neck round with it, I pulled out a knife and slaughtered her from behind.

“I buried her within the uncompleted building, and contacted her parents via my cell phone and demanded N5 million ransom.

“We negotiated for a while, and finally settled for N400,000, but then suddenly they changed their mind and informed me that they have discovered the corpse of their daughter,” the suspect stated.’

Meanwhile, DSP Kiyawa, disclosed that the police investigations into the case have been concluded, adding that the suspect will soon be charged to court for prosecution.

GET IT NOW

Nation

Recruitment of 10,000 constables: PSC protests hijack by s

Published

on

06261ce6 allpapers

From Molly kilete, Abuja

Staff of the Police Service Commission (PSC) in Abuja have protested the alleged hijack of the ongoing recruitment of 10,000 constables by the Police Force Headquarters, Abuja.

The workers, who shut down the commission’s headquarters, were also protesting lack of staff promotion and training by the PSC management and declared a three-day warning strike, beginning yesterday.

They accused the chairman of the commission, Musiliu Smith, a retired Inspector-General of Police, of handing over the constitutional mandate of the commission to the Police Force Headquarters.

100% Natural Herbs to Finally End Premature Ejaculation, Weak Erection and Small Manhood. Click Here Now .

The workers in their hundreds took the senior officials by surprise as they forced the permanent secretary, William Alo, directors and other senior staffers out of their offices during the protest.

At the time of filing this report, the workers were still at the commission’s headquarters, where the protesters barricaded  the entrances to the office and prevented anyone from gaining access.

GET IT NOW

Continue Reading

Nation

More trouble for Kyari as PSC orders fresh probe into link with Hushpuppi

Published

on

06261ce6 allpapers

The Police Service Commission (PSC) has directed the Inspector-General of Police, Usman Baba, to expand investigations into the alleged connection between the suspended former head of the  Inspector-General of Police (IGP) Intelligence Response Team, Abba Kyari, and Internet fraudster, Abbas Ramon, populary known as Hushpuppi.

Daily Sun gathered that the chairman of the PSC, former IGP,  Mr. Musiliu Smith, has given the IGP two weeks to turn in a report that would be reviewed by the PSC’s Committee on Discipline.

It was gathered further that the directive to the IGP was sequel to the advice from the Attorney-General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Abubakar Malami, SAN.

DCP Kyari had been suspended in July 2021 for alleged involvement in a $1.1 million Internet fraud allegedly perpetrated by Hushpuppi and four others; AbdulRahman  Juma (Abdul); Vincent Chibuzo (Kelly); Rukayat Fashola (Morayo); and Bolatito Agbabiaka (Bolamide).

100% Natural Herbs to Finally End Premature Ejaculation, Weak Erection and Small Manhood. Click Here Now .

Kyari had insisted that he did not do anything wrong and maintained that he was ready to face any panel of investigation. A Special Investigation Panel headed by the Deputy Inspector-General of Police in charge of the Force Criminal Investigations Department, Joseph Egbunike, had earlier probed Kyari.

The Federal Bureau of Investigation had alleged that Hushpuppi paid $20,600 to two bank accounts allegedly provided by Kyari on January 20, 2020.

GET IT NOW

Continue Reading

Nation

Oyebanji wins Ekiti APC Governorship Primary with landslide

Published

on

06261ce6 allpapers

Biodun Oyebanji has been declared the winner of the Ekiti All Progressives Congress governorship primary election.

He polled 101,703 votes, according to the result announced by Governor Badaru Abubakar of Jigawa state.

The other candidates who earlier announced their withdrawal from the race still won token votes.

Demola Popoola who did not join the protest won just 239 votes.

Bamidele Faparusi got 376 votes, Kayode Ojo 767, Opeyemi Bamidele 760, Dayo Adeyeye 691.

Femi Bamisile got 400 votes, Toyin Afolabi 47 votes.

Declaring the winner, Chairman of the Primary Election Committee, Gov. Abubakar Baderu of Jigawa, said Oyebanji pulled 101,703 out of the total number of votes cast.

Baderu made the declaration at the State Collation Centre, APC party Secretariat, located at Ajilosun, Ado-Ekiti, the state capital.

“It is my pleasure to declare Biodun Oyebanji as the winner of this primary, haven scored the highest votes cast.

“Having satisfied all necessary criteria, I hereby declare Abiodun Abayomi Oyebanji as the winner,” Baderu said.

He added that Ekiti APC had 183,560 registered members, 107,877 members were accredited and total votes cast was 104,983.

The chairman expressed surprise at the allegations by some aspirants that they were not consulted, adding that 20 names were submitted by each of the aspirants to be added to the list of the Returning and they were all captured.

Badaru, however, explained that the meeting that was earlier slated for Thursday morning, between the committee and the aspirants was cancelled because there was security report that the venue was tensed.

He said they had to call for assistance of the security agents to arrest the situation.

The chairman said that the primaries took place across the 177 wards and that it was free and fair.

“However, there are pockets of violence, when we receive the results, we will know where we need to cancel, we will.

“As we have earlier promised, we have ensured a level playing ground for all aspirants,”the committee chairman added.

On the protest by some of the aspirants, the committee chairman added that he had not received any official petition but only heard about it on the media.

He directed that the returning officers of the wards where elections were not held should write their reports and submit same to the committee.

The results presented by the 16 Local Government Area Returning Officers revealed that Oyebanji won in all the council areas.

Oyebanji was the former secretary to the Ekiti State government.

His candidacy enjoyed the strong backing of the incumbent, Dr Kayode Fayemi.

The other major party in the state, the PDP picked Bisi Kolawole, a former chairman as its flag bearer.

GET IT NOW

Continue Reading

Trending

NgGossips.com