diverse The Awards Arena section is home to all awards news and related content throughout the year, featuring the following: Official predictions for what’s next. OscarsAnd the amyAnd the Grammy And the Tony Awards Ceremony sponsored by diverse Senior Awards Editor Clayton Davis. Prediction pages are Davis’ assessment of the current race standings and do not reflect personal preferences for any film or performance. Like any organization or voting body, each individual category is flexible and subject to change. Forecasts are updated every Thursday.
Last updated: September 21, 2022
Watch the latest movie predictions, in all 23 categories, in one place miscellaneous Oscars group.
To see the ranked predictions for each category individually, visit miscellaneous Oscars distribution.
Awards season calendar (2022-2023) – almost
Oscars 2023 predictions
Best picture | Director | Actor | Actress | assistant actor | assistant actress | original screen | Modified screen | Animated feature | Production Design | cinema | Fashion Design | Film Editing | Make-up and hairstyling | sound | Visual Effects | original class | original song | Documentary feature | International Advantage | movable shorts | short documentary | Direct action is short
Awards Circle (film column) Archives
- Michelle Williams in her campaign for the lead actress in The Fabelmans, Supporting Race Now Wide Open
- The ‘RRR’ team hit back at India for not being selected for the Oscars, urging the Academy to vote for it in other categories
- Brendan Fraser returns: Believe the hype about his Oscar chances for The Whale
- Can Harry Styles really get an Oscar nomination for acting?
- Wendell and Wild puts Jordan Peele and Henry Selick at the forefront of the animated Oscar race
- Steven Spielberg’s ‘The Fabelmans’ could be the best picture winner at the Oscars
- solve the puzzle! TIFF’s ‘Glass Onion’ kills and has to be the best filmed pony on Netflix
- ‘The Woman King’ reigns supreme on TIFF and we hope the Oscars will take notice
- “The Inspection” carries Jeremy Pope and Gabrielle Union to the Oscars
- Five things we learned about Oscar season in Telluride
- In the Name of the Father: With The Son, Hugh Jackman’s moment for Best Actor Oscar has arrived
- How ‘Near’, ‘Holy Spider’ and ‘Father’ Highlighted the Need for More International Documentaries in the Best Picture
- Taylor Russell brings the magic of cannibals to ‘bones and all’ – will you bite the academy?
- Despite Florence Pugh’s daring role, “Don’t Worry Baby” isn’t a major contender for the Oscars
- ‘Empire of Light’ is an old-school Oscar rival with a better job performance than Olivia Colman
- Buddy Comedy Duo Colin Farrell and Brendan Gleeson enter the Oscar race for The Banshees of Inisherin
- ‘Tár’ Could Give Cate Blanchett Her Third Oscar And Todd Field Her First
- Flying ‘Women Talk’ in Telluride, Sarah Polley could be her third consecutive Academy Award winner
- ‘Pardo’ or Alejandro G Inarritu’s Dark View of Life That Gives Prizes Voters Will Not Understand
- Venice Film Festival paves the way for the international Oscar race with Pardo and Argentina 1985
- How Indian action epic ‘RRR’ could win the country’s first Oscar in 21 years
- Is Jordan Peele’s latest movie an Oscar contender? No, but he’s Hitchcock today
- Who will be the new president of the academy? Meet the top winners to lead the Oscars
- 19 Oscar contenders for the year so far including ‘Elvis’, ‘Everything Everywhere at once’ and ‘Top Gun: Maverick’
- Austin Butler’s transformation in ‘Elvis’ will provide a little more Oscar conversation in Best Actor
- ‘Future Crimes’ won’t be shown at the Oscars, but it’s time for David Cronenberg to receive the honorary treatment
- How ‘Top Gun: Maverick’ and Tom Cruise’s Need for Speed Could Fly to the Oscars
- There would be a ‘triangle of sadness’ if the awards were not given to Robin Ostlund and Dolly de Leon
- ‘Three Thousand Years of Longing’ may be the first Oscar for Best Picture Competition at Cannes
- ‘Armageddon Time’ proves that not all childhood photos for beginners are Oscar slam dunks
- Oscar winners have included “Elvis”, “Armageddon Time” and “Top Gun: Maverick”
- Do Everything Everywhere, Northman, and Unbearable Weight offer more work than prizes that voters can handle?
- Not so fast Will Smith, Chris Rock and the Academy: There are more people who deserve an apology (column)
- Oscar 2023: Our first blind predictions, from Fabelmans to Flower Moon
Awards Circle Archive Podcast Interview (film)
- diverse Awards Arena The third season of the podcast begins on September 29, 2022
The 95th Academy Awards will take place at the Dolby Theater and will be broadcast live on Sunday, March 12, 2022 on ABC. Voting for the Oscar nomination starts on January 12, 2023, until January 17, 2023. The Oscar nominations will be announced on Tuesday, January 24, 2023.
Around diverse Prize Circuit:
miscellaneous Unparalleled coverage provides its readers with an unbeatable view in print and online, as well as providing in-house reporting on all the contenders for this year’s award season races. In addition to forecasts, the section includes – Prize Circuit Column, a weekly analysis explaining trends and competitors in the race; Awards Circuit Podcast, a weekly series featuring interviews with the top prize race contenders and a roundtable discussion with Variety’s senior editors and columnists; Awards Circle Predictions video series, a deep dive into specific categories, led by eminent critics.
(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)